Kin Ming Holdings International Limited (the “Company” and/or “We”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
We respect the privacy of individuals and is committed to safeguarding the personal data of our clients.
We will not knowingly and/or intentionally use and/or share your personal data in any ways except mentioned below and without your prior knowledge and/or consent.
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information you give us. You may give us information via our website or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This may include information you provide to us when you subscribe to our newsletters, and/or connect to our social media links through our website and/or when you report a technical problem with our website. The information you provide may include details such as your name, address, e-mail address and phone number and/or any other such related information.
- Information we collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to the Company website we may automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
- Information we receive from other sources. We may receive information about you if you use any of the other websites we may operate or any other services we provide. We may also work closely with third party service providers (including but not limited to, for example, business partners, technical consultants, sub-contractors, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies) and may receive information about you from them.
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- Information you give to us. We may use this information:
- to provide you with the information you request from us;
- to provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have enquired about;
- to provide you, or permit selected third parties to provide you, with information about goods or services we feel may interest you;
- to notify you about changes to our services and/or website; and
- to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
If you do not want us to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please inform us at email@example.com.
- Information we collect about you. We may use this information:
- to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our services (if any), when you choose to do so;
- as part of our efforts to keep our website safe and secure;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our website about goods or services that may interest you or them.
- Information we receive from other sources. We may combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We may us this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
Disclosure of your information
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If the Company or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it may be one of the transferred assets.
Where we store your personal data
The Company has implemented the appropriate means to ensure the personal data provided to us online is secured and protected with restricted access by authorized employees of the Company.
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted [using SSL technology]. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our website, you are responsible for keeping this password strictly confidential.
Please note the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although the Company will do its best to protect your personal data by using strict procedure and security features to prevent unauthorized access, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted and any such transmission is strictly at your own risks.
Please email our Data Privacy Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org for further details or request for your information to be removed from the Company’s database.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note such websites have their own privacy policies and the Company does not accept any responsibility or liability once you leave our website or if you click on any such third party links.
Access to information
You may at any time request the Company to provide you with information we may hold in respect of your personal data and such requests must be made in writing in accordance with the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance (“PDPO”).
Please note you will not be entitled to access data which is not personal data and/or personal data not belonging to you (section 18(1) of the PDPO). Therefore we respectfully request all clients to provide requests using the proper Data Access Request Form (No.OPS003) pursuant to section 20(3) of the PDPO. This Form has been specified by the Privacy Commissioner for Personal Data (“the Commissioner”) under section 67(1) of the PDPO, effective as of 1 October 2012. We reserve the right to refuse any data requests if it is not provided to us using the Form No. OPS003 (section 20(3)(e) of the PDPO).
Furthermore, we may elect to provide you with only a copy of the details of the personal data we have collected and redact information under any documents if such documents contain privileged and/or sensitive information that is not personal data.
You may contact the Company’s Data Privacy Officer at all times. All communications should be directed to email@example.com and/or posted to Suite 1818, Hutchinson House, 10 Harcourt Road, Central Hong Kong, addressed to the attention of our Data Privacy Officer.